Annapolis, MD

i was diagnosed with ear infection/sinus infection/flu last week. on zpack/prednisone/prometh/codeine, lungs are still full of fluid, inhaler no help ?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 60 years experience
Viral infection.: A one week history of an upper or lower respiratory infection is almost always a viral infection for at least 10 days to 2 weeks. At least for the upper respiratory infection, the zithromax is not only a poor choice but is not needed. Our American Academy of Otolaryngology/ Head and Neck surgery has urged ENT doctors to be patient and watchful waiting is now the treatment of choice.
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Cough: Promethazine with codeine is a cough suppressant. If you have a lot of sputum you need an expectorant, guaifenissin such as Robitussin or mucinex (guaifenesin) & drink a lot of fluids. If yout are not wheezing no need for the bronchodilator inhaler. talk to your doctor. Feel better.