Williamsburg, VA

I have lost me sense of taste on prilosec have lump in throat feeling and still it is not helping much. is this gerd or something else?

Dr. J. Roth
Dr. J. Rothanswered
General Surgery 28 years experience
Globus & GERD: A lump in the back of the throat may be a manifestation of gerd. If you are having persistent symptoms despite maximal treatment with a proton pump inhibitor, you may wish to seek medical assistance. If you are also having typical reflux symptoms, you should see a GI doctor. If your only symptoms is the lump in your throat, you should seen an ENT physician first. Reflux testing may be needed.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014