Hi i had endoscopic turbinactomy 4 days back and still have blocked nose and pain, what will be the recovery time?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Franklyn Gergits answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Turbinectomy: Hello, i usually inform my patients that a blocked up nose is to be expected after this surgery. I see my patients back in the office 1 week after when i begin to clean out some crusting, stabbing and blood clots. Within a few days your pain and blockage should improve. I use dissolvable packing in the nose and have patients use a saline spray every 1hour while awake. Good luck with your recovery.

Answered 9/21/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Payam Rafat answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Varies: Recover time will vary depending on many factors including age, general health of the patient, infection control, blood sugar control, the exact type of procedure, and post-operative and follow up care. Discuss it with your surgeon and get their opinion as to what they feel is a reasonable recovery time for you.

Answered 3/28/2014

4.3k views