hi i had endoscopic turbinactomy 4 days back and still have blocked nose and pain, what will be the recovery time?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Turbinectomy: Hello, i usually inform my patients that a blocked up nose is to be expected after this surgery. I see my patients back in the office 1 week after when i begin to clean out some crusting, stabbing and blood clots. Within a few days your pain and blockage should improve. I use dissolvable packing in the nose and have patients use a saline spray every 1hour while awake. Good luck with your recovery.
Answered on Sep 21, 2013
1
Dr. Payam Rafat
22 years experience Podiatry
Varies: Recover time will vary depending on many factors including age, general health of the patient, infection control, blood sugar control, the exact type of procedure, and post-operative and follow up care. Discuss it with your surgeon and get their opinion as to what they feel is a reasonable recovery time for you.
Answered on Mar 28, 2014