Youngstown, OH
A 46-year-old female asked about a 46-year-old female:

30 weeks pregnant. miserable itching rash that has spread all over body and face. has tried benadryl, (diphenhydramine) atarax and multiple creams unsuccessfully?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Allergy and Immunology 44 years experience
PUPPP: You may have puppp - pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy, a benign but itchy problem that resolves at delivery. But there are many causes of itchy rashes. If miserable see your primary care provider, midwife, OB or dermatologist. A picture is worth a 1000 words. They may know it & what is best to do when they see it.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 44 years experience
PUPPP: This is probably pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (puppp), a common (but poorly named) condition. Important points: (a) the baby will not be affected, and (b) it is a self-limited problem, just like pregnancy. See a dermatologist to make sure it isn't something else, and for treatment to control the rash & itching. The only real cure, however, is to deliver the baby.