I have a pain in the middle of my left knee especially when i kneel on it.But it's not stiff or swollen or even hot only some pain .What it could be?

Dr. Bruce Prager
41 years experience in Sports Medicine
Central Knee Pain: One thing comes to mind: bursitis. There are sacs over the patella which can get irritated for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes they swell and sometimes not. If you are not having any locking, catching , giving out i would try some over the counter anti-inflammatory and ice the knee.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
1
2
Dr. Warren Strudwick
29 years experience in Sports Medicine
I would also consider chondromalacia (damage or irritation to the cartilage on the undersurface of the kneecap) as a possible cause. You will have more pain with stair climbing, squatting, stooping, and kneeling. Treatment consists of the use of ice, anti-inflammatories, and specific quadriceps strenghthening exercises.
Sep 19, 2013