A 24-year-old female asked about a 24-year-old female:

Is anafranil (clomipramine) a good drug for depression and agroraphobia, what does who u recommend?

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Anafranil (clomipramine): I reserve it for patients with ocd who do not respond to ssris or luvox, (fluvoxamine) due to side effects. Best to review with your doc.
Dr. Gabriel Goren
It is a : Cyclic antidepressant known for long time and it is a good medical treatment. I just do not think that the combination with alcohol is indicated. Talk it over with the dr. Who prescribed the drug.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali commented
Alcohol?
Sep 17, 2013
Not best choice.: Anafranil is FDA approved in the treatment of obsessive- compulsive disorder. It has been used off-label for the treatment of panic attacks, major depression, anxiety disorder & premature ejaculation. I would NOT use Anafranil as a first line medication for depression or agoraphobia.

Last updated Nov 24, 2018