Philippines

hi doctor. my aunt is 72 y.o with hypertension and arthritis. she's not taking any medication. can i give her fish oil and vitamin e? thank you

Dr. Oscar Novick
Fish oil: Yes you can give her fishoil and vitamine. It may not help her condition butmayhave a placebo effect.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Ask her & her doctor: Her doctor would want to know about any vitamins or supplements she's taking. Generally fish oil and vitamin e should be fine, as long as she's not on additional medications that can interfere with blood clotting. Make sure the vitamin e is natural, not synthetic. You want d-tocopherol, not dl tocopherol. Also make sure the fish oil comes from a reputable company that checks for heavy metals.