U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Sellersburg, IN
A 18-year-old male asked:

I am seeing doc soon but am very sad because if my rest heart rate is already 100-120 then all my hard excercise could be completely damaging! :(?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Natalie Geary
Pediatrics 31 years experience
Heart Rate: You definitely should follow-up with your doctor, but do not despair about your excercise until you learn the cause of your elevated heart rate, .
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Clinical Psychology 24 years experience
See your doc: Seeing your doctor is the right choice here. There are exercise programs that will work for you. In fact, wearing a heart rate monitor while exercising and keeping the levels at 50 to 75% of your max will make for a better work out.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 8, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.