U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Hamburg, PA
A 23-year-old male asked:

Feelings like i can't breath and mild pain in chest have anx attacks n use as needed anx meds should i ask my doc for a daily anx control med?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Anna Flor Salcedo
24 years experience
Yes: If your anxiety is occurring regularly and had to take your as needed meds almost daily, then you will need to have to take something, like in the family of ssri ( usually used as antidepressants buts works really well for anxiety dso). Pls make sure that your chest pain is not cardiac in origin, your primary care can evaluate you for this.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 12, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.