Glendale, AZ

Sores all over my mouth, gums, and tongue. any relief tips?

Dr. George Ayoub
Cosmetic Dentistry 19 years experience
Watch food and drink: Need to stay away from chocolate, nuts and citrus food best think is warm water and salt.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dentistry 52 years experience
Mouth sores: Assuming you have no medical or systemic illnesses, this sounds like a viral infection called acute herpetic gingivostomatitis. This is an infection of the mouth and gums caused by the herpes simplex virus. This infection will heal by itself in 7-10 days. Check with your dentist to confirm the infection and for suggestions to relieve the discomfort. Avoid spicy foods, drink plenty of fluids.
Dr. Beverly Escalona
31 years experience
Thanks for asking!: Good morning! the best thing would be to find out the source of the sores. Is there any fever? If there is fever you should seek medical care just to have a complete diagnosis. It could be a viral condition and can be contagious.
Dr. Talib Najjar
9 years experience
Check for systemic : Generalized oral condition may require evaluate systemic disease.