how long does a pinched nerve in leg take to heal?

Dr. Stephen Massimi
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 13 years experience
It occurs slowly: A pinched nerve causing leg symptoms usually occurs from nerve root irritation as the nerve exits the low back, commonly called "sciatica". This often occurs from a bulging intervertebral disc, arthritis (in older folks), or from other causes. Symptoms usually resolve on their own in several weeks, but can take months. Good pt and occasionally medications can be helpful to resolve the symptoms.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 17 years experience
Weeks to Months: Generally most people can get relief from sciatic pain doing the conservative care within 3-6 weeks. If it persists after that, it can take up to 6 months to heal by itself. You may still be a candidate for epidural steroid injections that may help relieve the pain while your body heals itself.