why do veins pop out on the palms of your hands?

Dr. Barry Cohen
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Usually: Seen more on the backs of your hands. Palm skin is typically very thick.

Detroit, MI

Iam 26 years old and when i put my hands down there's a lot of veins like popping out and then i make my hand to a fist and they go away why?

Dr. Kevin Windisch
This is normal: This is normal pooling of the blood in your hands. Increased pressure in the hand increases the venous return and makes the veins disappear.
Fayetteville, NC

Why do I have a broken vein on top of my hand?

Dr. T. Allen Merritt
Neonatology 49 years experience
Local injury : It is hard diagnose without seeing, but local trauma can cause a vein to break and form a bruise or hematoma under the skin. If this persists for > 2 weeks see your m>d.

Why does my veins on my hand started hurting out of random?

Dr. Gabriel Goren
The question: Does not mention properly: are we talking veins on one hand or both, if single hand which one... Rt or lt also, in absence of trauma or a blood clot in the veins, vein do not hurt at least I do not know about normal vein with pain... The best advise i can give u is please go show yourself to your family practitioner, maybe he can offer a solution tol the puzzle!
Culver City, CA

Why do the veins on the top of my hand move when my hand is moved to certain positions?Moves to the side, and sometimes tickles. Is it bad? What is it

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Sports Medicine 30 years experience
Moving veins: The veins are the most superficial blood vessels on the hand. They are in a loose tissue layers that allow them to move back and forth slightly with hand motion. It is not abnormal. Don't worry.

One hand has more veins than the other? Is this normal?

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 47 years experience
Swollen hand veins.: Hand veins can swell for many reasons but the most common is certainly hereditary . Other factors would be level of hydration, aging, sun exposure and loss of elasticity. I doubt at age 33 that aging is a factor for you. Actually, I am amazed at the amount of women that i see with bulging hand veins. It is not uncommon for the veins on each hand to be different in size.

Last updated Sep 11, 2013