how can i non surgically remove spider veins?

Dr. David Rosen
Phlebology 22 years experience
See a Phlebologist.: The best way of dealing with spider veins is to follow this algorithm: treat the deepest source of problems first. A doc board-certified in phlebology can determine if your spider veins are an isolated issue or a manifestation of underlying superficial venous insufficiency. Docs can non-surgically treat the source of reflux first, then use injection sclerotherapy to treat residual spiders.
Dr. Craig Schwartz
Phlebology 34 years experience
Laser and Injection: Spider veins never require surgical treatment. They are treated most appropriately using a combination of injection sclerotherapy, where a chemical is placed into the vein to get it to slowly collapse and seal shut over time, as well as superficial laser treatment, which seals the vein shut using thermal energy. However, treatment does typically require multiple sessions spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
Dr. Nick (Donald) Morrison
Phlebology 30 years experience
Sclerotherapy: Cosmetic spider veins, without underlying medical vein disease or after venous insufficiency is treated, can be eliminated with injection sclerotherapy. The new fda medications used for that are Asclera (polidocanol) and sts. They do not hurt like the old saline solutions. Look up a phlebology doctor, vein specialist online. American college of phlebology ( www.Phlebology.Org) or veindirectory.Org.
Dr. Ted King
Absolutely: Most would tell you that sclerotherapy is the best way to treat spider veins on the legs. Spider veins on the face can also be treated with laser and thermocoagulation. As mentioned, sclerotherapy that isn't done with Hypertonic Saline is much less painful than injections done with saline. It is important to make sure that you don't have underlying venous insufficiency, so see a phlebologist.
Dr. Michael Schwartz
Vascular Surgery 33 years experience
Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy (injection of a medicine in the vein) is your best option. The medicine can be Sotradecol, Polidocanol or hypertonic saline. It works pretty well. Laser is good also. Treatments are simple and although it takes awhile to heal, the results are pretty good. Hope that helps.
Dr. David Rosen
Phlebology 22 years experience
A few ways...: 1st, find the right "you" to remove them: a board-certified phlebologist. Your doc needs to do a history and exam to see if spiders are an isolated problem or a sign of underlying issues that need to be treated 1st. Spiders are generally injected with sclerosants (many varieties exist, detergent sclerosants are commonly used now). Those too small to be injected can be treated with laser/ipl.
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Aesthetic Medicine 43 years experience
Sclerotherapy best: Surgery is not an option for spider veins. For leg spider veins the best option is sclerotherapy. Sclerotherapy involves the injection of medications, sclerosants, into the unwanted veins. It works by causing these veins to seal shut. The vein gradually disintegrates. Generally a few treatment sessions are needed. Other options include laser treatment and newer versions of cautery.
Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology 54 years experience
Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy, the process of injecting a liquid/foam into the spider veins using a small bore needle is a good way. The commonly used substances are detergents such as polidocanol, sotradecol, morrhuate. Some still use hypertonic saline.
Dr. Michael Schwartz
Vascular Surgery 33 years experience
Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy (injection of a medicine in the vein) is your best option. It works pretty well. Laser is good also. Treatments are simple and although it takes awhile to heal, the results are pretty good.