U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 72-year-old male asked:

Have suffered hyperthyroidism seemed to settle with treatment but after 18 months symptoms seem to be returning?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Herbert Hoover
- Select Specialities - 52 years experience
Need reevaluation: If you we're treated successfully with a partial thyroidectomy or with medication, you may now be hyperthyroid again and may need moe definitive treatment. I assume you didn't have a partial thyroidectomy, that may be the best treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A member asked:
What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for hyperthyroidism?
1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
A 53-year-old female asked:
WhT is the best. Course of action for hyperthyroidism. Im awaiting treatment?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
What treatment to use for hyperthyroid and how did it work?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
If I have hyperthyroidism, should I go through with rai treatment?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Nov 25, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.