U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old female asked:

I would like to ask about hyperthyroidism and treatment of symptoms?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Depends on cause: Will to some extent depend on the cause for your hyperthyroidism as to what treatment options are best. Here is some general information but for specifics you are best to consult a GP or endocrinologist in your area. https://patient.info/health/overactive-thyroid-gland-hyperthyroidism
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 33-year-old member asked:
Can you tell me what ptu4 is in the treatment of hyperthyroidism?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A member asked:
What kind of pills or treatment can somebody get for hyperthyroidism?
1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
A 53-year-old female asked:
WhT is the best. Course of action for hyperthyroidism. Im awaiting treatment?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
If I have hyperthyroidism, should I go through with rai treatment?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A male asked:
Which is the best treatment for hyperthyroidism? Rai or surgery?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Nov 6, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.