Our two different radiologists disagree about folfox vs. capeox for stage iii-b crc for a 30 year old female. we already know about both drugs and their doses, but we can't decide on which drug to use!

10 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Convenience, side fx: Capecitabine causes more diarrhea and can make hands and feet very sore, but you avoid the need for a pump at home which may allowore freedom. The efficacy is equivalent so it depends on what is more important to you.

Answered 6/24/2014

4.9k views

They are both equal: There is no difference in their respective efficacies. So you will be fine in taking either one of the two regimens. The main difference is in convenience of taking capox which uses an oral drug (capcitabine)instead of a IV drug (5fu)which is given as IV infusion. I prefer capox for my patients because it is so much easier to administer.

Answered 6/10/2014

4.9k views

One more opinion: There are many issues to decide when choosing a regimen for treatment. Given the information above, the age of the patient i tend to think that folfox is slightly more aggressive. I also believe that is not already performed biomarkers should be evaluated and microsatellite instability should be evaluated. In the end receiving a treatment is the most important thing.

Answered 9/9/2013

4.9k views