Should you wait 24 hours after ativan (lorazepam) dose to drink alcohol?

Dr. Christine Forest
The two do not mix: If a doctor recommended Ativan (lorazepam) to you, it is likely you suffer from some type of anxiety. Alcohol will make it worse. Also, Ativan (lorazepam) and alcohol do not mix. They just make you more sedated, you can end up addicted to both and your anxiety will actually get much worse. My advice: treat the anxiety and stop drinking. Ever considered aa? I think it could help you. A lot.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.