Bakersfield, CA
A 34-year-old female asked about a 34-year-old female:

five years old daughter has been experiencing these symptoms for years, they consist of fever, vomiting. what could be causing this?

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
If it happens...: ...A few times a year (up to once a month) these are probably unrelated different infections - viral, strep, or ear infections; fever and vomiting are both nonspecific responses to any infectious process in children. If each episode is longer than a few days, or more frequent than 12 a year, ask your doctor to investigate further.
Dr. William Singer
Pediatric Neurology 51 years experience
Migraine phenomena: Migraine without headache can cause this combination. Discuss this with your doctor and review family history for members with history of migraine. Recurrent vomiting is often called abdominal migraine. Autonomic manifestations with fever, can also represent migraine without without headache.