U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Homer City, PA
A 30-year-old female asked:

My eustachion tubes lay almost flat. i have constant ear aches. ear infections swimmers ear. even vomiting i get infections. can anything be done ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Eustachian tube dysf: Try popping your ears but pinching your nose and blowing hard. Your ears should pop. Of not you should see your family doc and they can give you some Flonase (a nasal steroid) that can reduce the inflammation around the eustachian tube. This will help the pressure feeling. For the external ear infections, try a few drops of alcohol in the ear after showering or swimming. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 25, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.