United Kingdom

Hi, having pins and needles in my feet, with numbness in my arms and hands, and it wakes me when i'm sleep i'm worried in case it's spine cancer or b?

Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 17 years experience
Unusual presentation: That is an unusual presentation for cancer, but you should have a work up for other focal or systemic causes of numbness/tingling. Cause can range from bad positioning to vitamin deficiencies to general neuropathic to arthritis in the spine. After a general eval, your primary care doc can point you in the right direction.
Dr. Cynthia Anderson
Radiation Oncology 21 years experience
Cancer less likely: It is more likely to be a slipped disk or something pinching on a nerve than cancer. You need an MRI of the spine to look at the area better. Then, you should see a spine specialist - either an orthopedic or neurosurgeon.

Last updated Mar 12, 2020