Las Vegas, NV

what are some good homemade remedies for acne scars? i heard aloe vera gel works well, is that true?

Dr. David Martin
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 28 years experience
Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has been shown to decrease hyperpigmentation, the darkening of the skin. This should help by making skin tone more even.
Dr. David Shifrin
Plastic Surgery 17 years experience
See plastic surgeon : Home remedies do not work. If your scarring is bothersome you should consult with a good plastic surgeon. Scar revisions, lasers and derm abrasion can all help improve poor acne scars. Dr samuel sohn in las vegas is outstanding and board certified. Good luck.
Pathology 44 years experience
There are none: Even a dermatologist can't remove the scars, but can make them less visible using a laser, filler, microsurgery or dermabrasion. I'm really sorry that you were not treated effectively for your acne when you should have been, especially if your parents insisted on "natural" / "pop" remedies instead of treatment that would have worked. This is the 21st century and i hope you'll accept its benefits.