IL

I have a 0.413 x 0.546cm hypoechoic nodule on my thyroid , should i get a biopsy? should i be worried about cancer?

Dr. Ed Kaplan
Hematology and Oncology 40 years experience
Get further eval: A biopsy is reasonable. If it is cancer, it is likely very early and curable.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Amy Levine
Radiology 24 years experience
Depends: If you have a history of thyroid cancer in the family, consider a biopsy. Research shows that nodules of this size, that are found on ultrasound but not felt by patient are rarely cancer, you can get follow up u/s in a year. If you are hyperthyroid, a nuclear me scan can make sure that it is not because of the nodule.
Last updated Sep 13, 2013