Been waking up with a mild headache on my right side for 3 days, but goes away when i run or excercise.. scared of brain cancer, but my doc says no..

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. David Chrisman answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Cosmetic

Sleep/breathing : Waking with headache is not normal and can be associated with a sleep disordered breathing problem. If you experience excessive daytime sleepiness you should get a sleep study to see if sleep is your cause.

Answered 9/28/2016

4.9k views

Dr. Kevin Vaught answered

Specializes in

No worries: You are unlikely to have a brain tumor. Try to improve your sleep habits, reduce caffeine intake and increase water intake. Usually, these simple steps will help.

Answered 4/23/2014

4.9k views

Dr. Jefferson Chen answered

Specializes in Neurosurgery

Many symptoms: You describe many symptoms and studies that have been done (carotid ultrasound, echocardiogram) but no brain imaging studies. That is the definitive test to look for a brain cancer. That being said, brain cancer is highly unusual in a 20 year old, particularly in the absence of neurological symptoms (weakness, numbness, seizures, blurred vision etc.).

Answered 9/28/2016

4.9k views