Egypt

grandma doesn't talk and sleeps all the day she has alzheimer's disease hypothyrodism and had brain strokes before so what may be causing this?

Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 48 years experience
Grandma's symptoms: Your grandmother needs to be evaluated by a physician, preferably a neurologist. Her symptoms are compatible with a new stroke, hypothyroidism that may need a higher dose of synthyroid or a progression of her alzheimer's. Good luck.
Her medical : Conditions can be the cause of her sleeping patterns & lack of speech.
Dr. Louis Cady
Dr. Louis Cady commented
Would definitely urge extensive evaluation of ENTIRE thyroid axis - TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3. Low Free T3 at the tissue level (which you cannot tease out with just the common "TSH" only test), can contribute to significant mental compromise.
Aug 31, 2013
Provided original answer
Good recommendations.
Aug 31, 2013