A piece of my upper right second molar chipped from an arealateral to a pre-existing cavity. it is painful and i have a headache on my right side. the dentist is closed. help.

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Does your dentist have an answering service or a machine to relay messages to him/her? Most dentists take emergency calls. If not try another dentist...Get a referral from a friend, neighbor, or family member. Or, call your family doctor for a prescription for an antibiotic.

Answered Mar 10, 2014

4.9k views

Dr. Bruce Pope answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Go to the dental section of a pharmacy and look for a temporay filling material that among its ingredients is ":oil of cloves" or eugenol. If you can get it into the hole it will provide some relief.

Answered Nov 27, 2017

4.9k views

Dr. Dave Burns answered

Specializes in

Go to hospital or emergency care and ask for pain and antibiotic for your toothache until you can get in to see your dentist.

Answered Mar 10, 2014

4.9k views

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Your local dental society may have a dentist on call. You may have to get to an emergency depart. At a hospital.

Answered Mar 10, 2014

4.4k views