why wont my sinus drain after my nasal rinse?

Dr. Alexander Gorup
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Complicated: The answer needs more info, like an exam. You should see an ENT if you have persistent nasal or sinus trouble.

My baby keeps putting things in her nose - what should I do?

Dr. Scott Katz
No small objects.: Children are naturally curious and will place objects where they think they fit nicely, be it the nose, ear, mouth, etc. You should not allow your child to play or handle small objects. A good rule is if something fits inside a toilet paper tube, it is not appropriate for a child under 3 years old. You would be amazed what doctors have removed from childrens' ears, noses and other places.

How can I get a bead out of my babys nose?

Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Alan Greeneanswered
Very carefully: Be very careful about how you try to remove a bead from your baby's nose. Using tweezers often ends up pushing it further into the nose. Gently squeezing the nose from above the bead will sometimes push it out. Your doctor may use a suction tip to grab the bead and pull it out, or fashion a short wire (or paper clip) with an "l" bend to get past the bead and pull it out from behind.

What should I do if my baby put a bead up her nose?

Dr. Marc Grella
Try to remove gently: A bead up the nose is not a big deal; rarely if it stays for a while a bead could cause irritation, infection or make breathing hard to impossible on that side. If it has a hole through the middle you could try to spear it with a straightened paper clip but if you make her scream she might suck it in further, so if it's not easy to get out see her doc.

Is it safe to use a humidifier for my nasal congestions?

Dr. Sheila Goodman
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: Humidifiers are safe as long as you keep them clean and use the cold air ones so that you don't get bacterial or fungal growth in them. Congestion can also be helped by saline nasal sprays, sudafed or medicated nasal sprays.

What does it mean when the goo coming out of my baby's nose is thick green?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Could be a cold: Discolored mucus from the nose is often a sign of an infection. It may be as simple as a common cold. If your baby is congested, saline nasal spray is very safe and useful to use. In addition, a cool mist humidifier in the room may also help. If your baby is having a high fever, refusing to eat, breathing rapidly or acting ill in any other way, it is best to call your doctor to check him out.

Last updated Oct 23, 2017