I have a ganglion cyst in my right wrist . doctor said its harmless and not to worry . but its kind of round swelling . how will it go back ?

9 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Brian Hoffman answered

Specializes in Dentistry

It may disappear on it's own, it is also possible it will not. If you want it to be "removed" it is, most often, a simple procedure. A needle aspiration is performed to remove the synovial fluid and a steriod will be injected. The area may also be splinted for a couple weeks. This should resolve the issue. Again, it is not a threatening situation and it will not spread to other areas.

Answered Sep 22, 2016

4.9k views