I get really moody during period. happy, sad, depressed, everything in just matter of minutes! is there a way for me to control my mood during this?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
A few suggestions: The answer is somewhat counter intuitive. When you feel pms you don't feel like exercising, but exercise helps reduce the symptoms. Keep track of your period, knowing that the depressive symptoms are from pms helps take them in stride. Visit with friends to improve your mood, too. The hardest one is to fight the craving for chocolate, since studies show that it may make the pms worse.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Sometimes replenishing Magnesium will help with the Chocolate cravings -- lots of Magnesium in Chocolate . . . so I wonder if there's an association.
Sep 8, 2013
Last updated Dec 9, 2013