Bluffton, SC

Can my period cause me to have depression because i find i cry a lot and feel sad and get mad a lot on pre menstrual and on menstrual but i dont loss of appetite during pre menstrual or on my menstrual?

Dr. William Wilson
It is not unusual to have mood swings prior prior to and during your period. These mood swings can vary in intensity. I believe the safest way to treat these symptoms is to take L-theanine 100 mg twice daily and 5-htp 150 mg at bedtime during the time that you have these mood swings. These supplements are inexpensive, safe, and readily available. OBC can help but entails more risk.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 20, 2021