U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Memphis, TN
A 27-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing feeling depressed specifically feelings of despair, specifically feelings of worthlessness, sadness, decreased energy level, hopelessness, seasonal mood changes, difficulty concentrating, socially withdrawn, and lack of motivation. i am

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 35 years experience
Call PCP: Or call a crisis line if need be 911 or the ER if you need to keep safe, this is definately treatable, Gent involved with a counselor, -lots of options but begin getting help , group, chruch, call community mental health center, and PCP can hlep maybe psychiatrist referral, do not wait!!!!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 43 years experience
DEPRESSION: You are describing depressive symptoms. First have a physical exam to rule out a physical problem. Please consult with a Clinical Psychologist for psychotherapy to help you with ZOOM.com sessions. Research indicates with psychotherapy you can change & find better coping mechanisms. If there is a biological reason you are depressed please see a Psychiatrist for medication.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

Last updated Feb 23, 2022
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.