U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Tanzania, United Republic of
A 41-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing feeling depressed (quality: feelings of despair, feelings of worthlessness) . the following also describe me: lack of pleasure, sadness, decreased energy level, hopelessness, seasonal mood changes, socially withdrawn, difficulty concent

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Julan Crane
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Multiple symptoms : You may have depression and this usually requires medication from a psychiatrist so seek care near you soon
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 43 years experience
DEPRESSION: You are describing depressive symptoms. First have a physical exam to rule out a physical problem. Please consult with a Clinical Psychologist for psychotherapy to help you with ZOOM.com sessions. Research indicates with psychotherapy you can change & find better coping mechanisms. If there is a biological reason you are depressed please see a Psychiatrist for medication.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

Last updated Sep 30, 2020

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.