Flushing, NY

is it still considered anorexia if my fear of eating has nothing to do with body image? i'm afraid to eat because i have emetophobia.

Dr. Marlis Gonzalez fernandez
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 13 years experience
Phobia: Anorexia is a different disease. If you have not been formally evaluated seek the help of an eating disorders specialist. There are several treatments for phobias that can be helpful. Best of luck.
Well....: I don't want to counter any DX you may have. However, if that was the primary issue & you lack other anorexia criteria then i would not likely not DX it as anxorexia. 1 diagnostic criteria is a strong fear of ^ weight or becoming fat. 2nd criteria is distortion in how one sees their body. A person could have both emetophobia & anorexia.