i've started exercising recently(two months) and i've been trying to reduce my belly(flaps). i wanted to get the perfect "v". its presently flat. help?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Mike Bauerschmidt
40 years experience Holistic Medicine
Exercise type: It may be about the type of exercise as much as the fact of exercise. I have found that pilates is the best for core development as well as sculpting the abdominals. Also consider what you are eating may be inhibiting wt loss. Stick to non processed foods to maximize nutrient density. This includes many so called "health bars".
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
6
Dr. Bruce Prager
41 years experience Sports Medicine
6 pack: A 6 pack ab is something i continue to strive for myself. You basically have to cut down the carbs and fat and take in lots of protein. That along with cardio so that you can burn off the love handles is what is required. To build up your body you need to do 4-5 sets of progressively increasing weights. Work chest and triceps one day, back and biceps another and shoulders and legs third.
Answered on Sep 13, 2015
6