while cleaning my ear the qtip implailed my ear drum. my ear bleed 4 two days and it feels like my ear is plugged. can't hear, migraine what do i do?

2 doctor answers
Dr. David Brouwer
Ear trauma: You may have punctured your tympanic membrane. You should see your primary care physician today and if it is confirmed you will probably be referred to an ENT specialist for further evaluation.
Answered on Dec 9, 2017
1
Dr. Hamid Sajjadi
40 years experience Ophthalmology
See an ENT DOC: Cleaning the inside of ear canal with a q-tip is a definite no no. Tearing the drum, bleeding may be repaired, but I have seen patients that have dislocated one of the 3 hearing bones. That can cause severe conduction hearing loss with normal nerve. The surgery for that although not hard is only 30 % successful with risk of facial palsy and loosing your taste on one side.
Answered on Jul 16, 2016
1