Kirkwood, NY

I have a moth ball taste in the back of my mouth. i have swollen gums on the back of my mouth and on one side on my back tooth. could it be my wisdom tooth coming?

?Pericoronitis ?: Please see your dentist promptly as there could be an infection where a wisdom tooth is erupting.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 37 years experience
Infection: You could have an infection, possibly where the wisdom tooth is trying to erupt and still partially covered. You should see a dentist to find out exactly what is going on and how to treat it.
Dr. Andrew Rutman
Dentistry 40 years experience
See your dentist: See your dentist. It could be an infection that is giving you the bad taste and causing the gums to be swollen. It could also be the wisdom teeth and the dentist would have to determine if they should be extracted.
Last updated Oct 2, 2015