U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old female asked:

I have no appetite bearly eat, when i do i limit what/how much i eat. my mum has anorexia. i'm addicted to losing weight do i have anorexia?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Get help now.: That is not something that can be diagnosed online. It sounds like you may be seeing some of your mother's behaviors in yourself. You are 17 years old. I encourage you to accept help now. I would start by being completely candid with your family physician. He or she may enlist the help of a nutritionist or a psychiatrist & /or psychologist. He will physically evaluate you to check your health.
Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
Psychiatry 29 years experience
Probably : You should consult a psychiatrist for a more accurate and complete diagnosis.
Last updated Oct 9, 2013

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.