A female asked about a female:

I think i have anorexia but i'm not sure how to tell my mum, any advice?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Martha Hidalgo
Internal Medicine 33 years experience
Open dialogue : Express your concern about your health and your need of seeing a physician. Specify that your health concerns are in relation to your body weight and you feel professional help is needed. Your mother will feel relieve to know that you trust her enough and that you are asking for medical attention. Both are very positive signs. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 48-year-old member asked:
Can anorexia when the mother is pregnant hurt the baby?
3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 27-year-old male asked:
Is the sural nerve superficial?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A female asked:
Should you get crutches and keep off of a sural nerve injury?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 39-year-old member asked:
Does sural nerve damage cause numbness?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 30, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.