U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Des Plaines, IL
A 27-year-old female asked:

I have two small black spots(like mole) on my cheek and near my lip.it appeared suddenly last week.what should it be?should i consult a dermatologist?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 34 years experience
Black Spots on Face: Skin cancer is on the rise. There are three types of skin cancer: basil cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma. Melanoma is the most serious type of skin cancer, but if you detect it early, treatment can be successful. The areas most likely to have spots are the scalp, lips, ears, neck, chest, arms, hands, legs and the face. Spots can appear suddenly or slowly over time. See derm.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

Last updated Aug 20, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.