Seneca, SC

I have told my doctor about the way it makes me feel an he said i am getting ahold of bad patches of adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) xr to swith pharmacys?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Generic Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) XR: If you're getting generic Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) rather than the brand name preparation (by shire) there could be variation in what you receive. Different pharmacies may buy different generic preparations -- all of which are supposed to have the active ingredients but may vary in additives, caking agents, colorings, etc. Here's a helpful blog post [not mine] discussing the problem: http://tinyurl.Com/m455kxg.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Provided original answer
What you can do: find out which generic you have, that is causing you problems. It should be on the label of your medicine bottle. Get a new prescription from your doctor, and go to a new pharmacy. Tell them which generic you do NOT want, unless you know which one is fine for you. Yes, this is cumbersome -- and if you can talk your insurance company into allowing brand name medicine, this should solve the problem. They will likely object -- ask your doctor to help you. Good luck!
Aug 20, 2013
Dr. William Singer
Pediatric Neurology 53 years experience
Generic problems: Generic Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is made by several companies. Find out the manufacturer of the medication with which you having problem. Tell your doctor and ask for another prescription. You can then ask your pharmacist to get you medication from a different manufacturer.Or change pharmacy.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017