U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

If i told my doctor that i'm having a feeling of anxiety and confusion with concerta will he stop the treatment or try another type like adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine)?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lois A Freisleben-Cook
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Change the dose: is the most likely response. Your dose may be too high. He may also want to re-look at the accuracy of your diagnosis.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Only he knows that: Definitely do tell him - those are not okay side effects to suffer. The next step is one that you and he need to discuss together w/ answers to all your questions and planning for possibilities in advance. If you really need a medication, I expect it will be offered. Then you decide if you want to try it. Best!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 34-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 44-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated May 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.