New Hartford, NY

wear 1/2 orthotics and remove insoles of shoes, so big toe that stix up won't hurt. must wear some cushioning at toes to prevent shocks to knee?

Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
Pad the toe?: If this is what you are asking, just try a silipos toe pad (large size for the big toe) and that should help quite a bit. You can also have the shoe stretched over the area.
Dr. Richard Blake
Podiatry 45 years experience
Metatarsal Cushion: Some of our patients need that extra room in their shoes because the big toe sticks up too much. Try a spenco insert for that extra cushion but cut out the area under the toes to give them more room. You can also try to add a hapad metatarsal support to the end of the orthotic device to attempt to take pressure off the metatarsals. www.hapad.com (get small adhesive met pads) dr rich blake.