does having osteoarthritis impact activities of daily living?

Dr. Walid Osta
Pain Management 19 years experience
Yes: The main effect of symptomatic osteoarthritis is a negative impact on the activity of daily living.
Dr. Joseph De Santi
Osteo Obstacles: Osteoarthritis certainly can affect activities of daily living if severe enough and associated with deformity. Usually, the hands and fingers suffer loss of dexterity and strength over time. To avoid this, use pain medication so you can remain active and limit your muscle loss and power. Ice & heat may also be used regularly for pain control and management and are frequently under utilized.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 17 years experience
Possibly: If its interfering with life you should consider seeing your doctor to discuss options.