U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

With ear swelling what are my treatment options?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology 29 years experience
See an M.D.: Most serious cause may be infection which needs to be seen by a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
What is swollen?: Need more information to answer this question appropriately. Is the swelling in the ear canal or in the external ear. Are there other symptoms? Have you had trauma to the area, been bitten by anything, are you allergic to some topical preparation, is is accompanied by redness, tenderness, and so on? Try an ice pack and if this doesn't work see your family doctor.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.