A 40-year-old member asked:

Is there a cure for ear swelling?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Anna Meyer
Pediatric ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
Needs evaluation: I would need to know more about what type of ear swelling you are having. It is probably best to have a doctor look at the ear and in the ear canal. Most ear swelling will resolve on its own or with antibiotics.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 24-year-old member asked:
How common is it for somebody to get ear swelling?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
What does it mean if I have ear swelling on the outside?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
Causes of pain and swelling along jawline under the ear?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
What does a swelling in the outer side of the ear signify?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 28-year-old member asked:
How come I have ear swelling, but nobody else in the family has it?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Dec 18, 2014

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.