jammed my thumb now it's starting to bruise around my palm near my thumb. i am able to move my thumb. should i go see a doctor?

Dr. Mark Galland
32 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
X-ray to be sure: Unless there is an obvious deformity you may not be able to tell the difference with the naked eye between a sprain and fracture. While a sprain is an injury to the ligaments of the ankle, and a fracture is damage to the bone; strains of muscles and tendons are also possible. In any case, common symptoms may be pain, limited strength/ motion, swelling, and/ or bruising. Have an x-ray to be sure!
Answered on Aug 12, 2016
1