U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Las Vegas, NV
A 31-year-old male asked:

I have asthma and sinus problems what type of doctor is recommended to see so i can get this under control i feel like its taking over my life?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Connolly
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 23 years experience
Allergy/asthma: Either an ENT or allergy immunonolgist. Smoking cessation should be advised. Allergies should be controlled if positive. Sinusitis should be treated as well. These should improve asthma symptoms which then should be controlled. Steroid inhaler should be considered as well as nasal steroids or singulair (montelukast).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 31 years experience
Asthma: Asthma related to sinuses is probably secondary to allergies, a board certified allergist is best equipped to help you control your symptoms. You may be a candidate for allergen immunotherapy that has shown efficacy in controlling both asthma and nasal allergies. Find an allergist at acaai.Org or aaaai.Org. Btw stop smoking!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 23, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.