U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old member asked:

Ok i've got hay fever. what should i do?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Suresh Anand
Allergy and Immunology 27 years experience
Hay Fever: Untreated hf can lead to complications like sinus infections or even asthma, affecting the quality of life. Antihistamines and nasal. Sprays help but may quit working after a while. Avoidance of pollen is helpful. See a board certified or trained allergy specialist for proper testing and if indicated allergy injections to build up the immunity. Oral allergy treatment is not as effective.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Allergy and Immunology 18 years experience
Allergies: See an allergist to determine the best approach to treat your allergies. Do not waste your money on crappy over-the-counter antihistamines that are marginally effective. See an allergist who can find an excellent guide to work with you to get the allergy symptoms under control.

Related questions

A 36-year-old female asked about a 36-year-old female:
5yo pulse 115-120 and has had a fever all day. Highest temp 102.8 is this ok?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 21-year-old male asked:
Is it ok to take NyQUIL at daytime if you have fever? And not sleep right after?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
I've had a fever for two days and now am getting this chesty cough. What should I do?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 41-year-old female asked:
Ive had chills and fever the entire night. Also have a headache. Could I have corona?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Nov 26, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.