Could getting hit with a softball cause breast cancer?

Dr. Scott Moon
Radiation Oncology 30 years experience
No: There is no known link between trauma to the breasts and developing breast cancer in the future.
Dr. John Yim
Dr. John Yimanswered
Surgical Oncology 29 years experience
No. : Once in a while i will see a patient that has breast cancer that had trauma similar to being hit with a softball who thinks the trauma caused the breast cancer. There has been no proof that that occurs, but trauma may bring attention to that area of the breast which leads to the diagnosis. If you have a breast mass that you are worried about, don't ignore it even if it seems to be due to trauma.