I get migraines often and have one now. I took a percocet bc that's what the ER md prescribed previously. It's not working, is there anything i can do?

Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience in General Practice
Migraines: This answer seems very simple, so if I am missing the point. The best thing to do for your migraines is to get a migraine specialist when you are not hurting and to get fully evaluated and have a diagnosis and the correct prevention in place for when you do hurt. The er is the least effective place to get help for chronic illnesses. Pain medications do not prevent migraine headaches.
Answered on Aug 7, 2013