Keysville, VA

i get heat rash or chafed between my legs on my inner thighs so bad i can hardly walk. how do i prevent this from happening?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 32 years experience
Chafing: Skin chafing should be treated, so don't ignore it. Gently clean the chafed area with water and dry it thoroughly. After cleaning the area, apply a substance like petroleum jelly or hydrocortisone. If the area is very painful, swollen, bleeding, or crusted, your health care provider may recommend a stronger topical steroid. Zeasorb powder helps prevent chafing and is otc.