U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Keysville, VA
A 21-year-old female asked:

I get heat rash or chafed between my legs on my inner thighs so bad i can hardly walk. how do i prevent this from happening?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Chafing: Skin chafing should be treated, so don't ignore it. Gently clean the chafed area with water and dry it thoroughly. After cleaning the area, apply a substance like petroleum jelly or hydrocortisone. If the area is very painful, swollen, bleeding, or crusted, your health care provider may recommend a stronger topical steroid. Zeasorb powder helps prevent chafing and is otc.
Last updated Jan 4, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.